Sunday, August 7, 2011

More Fun with Cucumbers...

whoa, that was dirty...sorry.  Here is one of the simplest, most delicious, fresh tasting recipes I've ever made.  If you're wondering what to do with this sauce, marinade chicken in some and toss it on the grill. Use it in place of ranch dressing for a seriously better for you dip/dressing.  Dip pita bread into it.  Drizzle it over grilled chicken.  Make a pasta salad by combining chopped cucumbers, chopped kalamata olives, thinly sliced red onion, chopped tomato, crumbled feta cheese, and rotini pasta; pour some tzatziki over the salad and nom...

Tzatziki Sauce


Ingredients
2 cups Greek yogurt (I used one of the regular sized containers of Fage)
1 cucumber, roughly chopped
1 garlic clove
2 Tbs fresh mint
1 Tbs lemon juice

Instructions
Dump the yogurt into a bowl.  In a magic bullet (or food processor if you're dignified...), throw in the cucumber, garlic clove, fresh mint, and lemon juice.  If you're feeling extra fancy, add a bit of dill; I didn't have any.  Process the cucumber mixture until everything is finely minced.  Pour the cucumber mixture into the yogurt and whisk to combine.




1 comment:

  1. LOVE tzatsiki sauce, although I never put mint in mine, just dill. I also thinly sliced my cucs (using our mandoline) after I cut them in half lengthwise. YUM! I made it to go with my tandoori chicken (ala Cuisine Mentor's packet, http://store.valueweb.com/servlet/cuisinem/-strse-10/Indian-Tandoori-Spice-Blend/Detail) with grilled flat bread (ala Bon Appetite a few months ago). OMG it was great. In fact, I think we'll be having this again sometime this week!

    ReplyDelete