Monday, August 1, 2011

Cauliflower Poppers

I haven't tried this recipe, but Myssa has.  She told me that I could put just about any seasoning on them and they'll be good.  A definite tried and true recipe for her no matter the seasoning.  Preston and I buy a TON of Penzey's seasonings everytime we're in Portland (more on that later...) so she suggested I try some of his favorite seasonings on it, and perhaps he'll be inclined to try them!  I think I may just have to stop at Sprouts on my way home tomorrow night and pick up some cauliflower.  There's absolutely no way I'm going out tonight to get some, season finale of The Bachelorette is on and I can't be bothered....

Ingredients
Cooking Spray
1 Medium Head of Cauliflower
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder, or more to taste
pinch of salt and peper

Instructions
Preheat oven to 400F.  Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.

Cut cauliflower florets into bite sized pieces.  Dump cauliflower into a large bowl and add remaining ingredients.  Toss well to coat.

Spread cauliflower into a single layer on the baking sheet and bake until florets are tender, but not mushy, stirring halfway through, about 10 minutes.

The Actual Cauliflower Popper Recipe (c/o Weight Watchers)

3 comments:

  1. I love them with taco seasoning! I can't wait to hear if Preston will eat them with Penzey's Northwoods FIRE on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, what's the deal with Penzey's Spices? They have one in the Pearl and while walking home with Steve he was like "OOOOH OMG PENZEY's"... I don't get it... Explain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jean, Penzy's is a spice store. They have REALLY GOOD quality spices, spice sets, and salt free spice blends. My family loves it! They have like 6 different kinds of cinnamon. Who knew there were even 2 different kinds of cinnamon, let alone 6?!? Stuff like Oregano and Thyme are great quality, as opposed to the Spice Island kind you get in the grocery store. Really good prices too. If you like to cook, you should take a little shopping spree there :-)

    ReplyDelete