Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Month Two: Portion Control!

So I have 11 months until The Big Day, and roughly 20 pounds to lose.  That means 2 pounds a month, which means 1/2 a pound a week.... which means cutting about 250 calories from my day (just trust me, I did the math... 3500 calories in a pound; if I have half a pound a week to lose, thats 1750 calories a week; 1750/7 is 250.  See 250 calories a day. I told you to trust me.) Sounds easy... not when you're a Graeper who enjoys her food.  That's why we have Sheddin for the Weddin Month Two: Portion Control!  Very simple changes to my daily routines has already made this month super easy.

Change #1:  Use a smaller plate Instead of eating from huge dinner plates, I use a salad plate; it's a mind game.  I like my plate to be full of food, and I'm a founding member of the clean plate club (as are most Graeper's).  So if I use a salad plate instead, I get the satisfaction of both a filling a full plate, and eating a full plate!  
Change #2: Don't go back for seconds This one kind of speaks for itself...  I have to keep reminding myself that I'm not eating my last meal; there will be more food later.  There's no need to eat like I'll never eat again.
Change #3:  Find recipes with fewer calories  This is where last months mission comes in handy.  Veggies have less calories... duh.  So if I continue to Eat More Veggies, I'll cut calories without even thinking!


If you know of recipes that are super low in calories, super delicious, and super filling, please send them my way.  I'm desperate.  This month isn't going to be an easy one, but when it's all in the name of Sheddin for the Weddin, anything is possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment